Join Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District and the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society (SCVAS) for a day of adventure, science, birding, hiking, and discovery! Play all day or just stay awhile! Learn about local birds, insects, and bats - their habitats and ecology.
At this FREE event you can:
- Learn to geocache and search the trails for bird-themed treasures
- Go on a winged-creatures discovery hike
- Search for things with colorful wings, and blossoms too!
- Experience hands-on science
- Meet birds, bats, and insects up close
- Explore your creative side with arts & crafts
- Come early for the 9am "Early Bird Family Walk"
(advance registration through SCVAS required for this activity only)
Click HERE for a full schedule of events!!!
Enjoy lunch from onsite food vendor Mayo & Mustard, one of the most delicious food trucks around!
Wingding Exhibitors include:
- NorCal Bats
- Mickaboo and Palomacy- Avian rescue organizations
- Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley
- California Native Plant Society
- San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory
- Wildlife Education and Rehabilitation Center
- Native Bird Connections
- Insect Sciences Museum of California
- Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo
- California Center for Natural History
- Environmental Volunteers
Parking is free. Only heavy rain cancels; a little drizzle won't stop the fun!
Sorry – No dogs allowed.
Heavy rain, winds, or lightning will cancel; in the event of light rain rain or the threat of rain, the fesitivities will proceed as planned!
Wingding is located in the preserve equestrian parking lot on Skyline Boulevard located one mile south of the Skyline Blvd. (Highway 35) and Page Mill/Alpine Road intersection. After entering the Preserve, proceed to the farthest parking lot on the left (please follow posted signs; if lot becomes full, participants will be directed to the main preserve lot). Those traveling from I-280 on Page Mill Rd. should allow approximately 45 minutes travel time.
Get driving directions to Wingding: