Join Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District and the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society (SCVAS) for a FREE day of adventure, science, birding, hiking, and discovery! Play all day or just stay awhile! Learn about local birds, insects, and bats.
At this FREE event you can:
- Learn to geocache and search the trails for bird-themed treasures
- Go on a guided-hike - find things with colorful wings, and blossoms too!
- Explore the microscopic world of aquatic insects
- Meet ambassador animals up close and personal
- Become a Citizen Scientist - learn how to use iNaturalist*
(*Download iNaturalist app to smartphone from home; cell service is very limited at the event site)
- Explore your creative side with arts & crafts
- California Center for Naturalist History
- NorCal Bats
- Wildlife Education & Rehabilitation Center
- Native Bird Connection
- Insect Sciences Museum of California
Parking is free
Heavy rain cancels the event
Sorry – No dogs allowed
Wingding is located in the preserve equestrian parking lot on Skyline Boulevard located one mile south of the Skyline Blvd. (Highway 35) and Page Mill/Alpine Road intersection. After entering the Preserve, please follow posted signs and/or onsite attendant. Those traveling from I-280 on Page Mill Rd. should allow approximately 45 minutes travel time.
Get driving directions to Wingding: