Another Measure AA Project in Progress
We are working to improve the road and summit of Mount Umunhum so that we can open it to the public.
In the interest of public and contractor safety, the following road and trail closures are in effect in the Mount Umunhum area:
- Mt. Umunhum Road is CLOSED from Jacques Ridge parking lot to the summit. Only local vehicle traffic, contractors, and approved District staff will be permitted past Jacques Ridge parking lot, other vehicles, bicyclists, equestrians, or hikers will not be permitted on the road until further notice.
- The Jacques Ridge parking lot will continue to be open during regular preserve hours. This lot provides access to the beautiful Woods Trail which has mini waterfalls in the winter and beautiful wildflowers in the spring. Another alternative to the closed Bald Mountain area is Almaden Quicksilver County Park which is located across Hicks Road from the Jacques Ridge parking lot.
- Barlow Road (trail) will continue to be closed between Woods Trail (part of the Bay Area Ridge Trail) and Mt. Umunhum Road for the duration of construction.
- The Bald Mountain Parking lot and Trail are closed.
- Areas highlighted in red below will be reopened to the public after major repairs and improvements to the road are completed; reopening is tentatively expected for July 2017.
Please note: residents and visitors can expect increased construction traffic along Hicks Road, Alamitos Road and Almaden Road. For public safety, the District also reserves the right to close Mt. Umunhum Road at any time without prior notice.
We thank you for your patience during this time. We are targeting the completion of all construction by the end of summer 2017. This information will be updated as the project progresses. There will also be a phone hotline with updated information. This hotline may be reached by calling 650-691-2154.