Wingding Family Fest
Join Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society (SCVAS) and the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District for a day of family fun and discovery focused on birds. Play all day or just stay for awhile!
Photo credit: Arline Abarr
Saturday, May 4, 2013
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Skyline Ridge Open Space Preserve
Skyline Ridge Open Space Preserve is located at the junction of Skyline Blvd. and Page Mill Road in the unincorporated area between Palo Alto, Portola Valley, and La Honda.
What does this FREE event offer?
- Enjoy "Amazing Bird Chases" (bird walks) designed to engage beginning bird watchers and advanced folks alike.
- Learn to geocache and explore the trails in search of bird-themed caches with the help of a GPS device and knowledgeable volunteers.
- Special visits from the live birds of Mickaboo and MickaCoo rescue organizations.
- Other activities will include hands-on science stations, arts and crafts, displays, and more.
- Hike on your own around Horseshoe Lake.
- Algunas actividades tendran traducciones en Espanol*.
No advance registration is required, though some activities will require signing up on-site, on a first-come-first-served basis. Pack a "no garbage lunch" and have a picnic (drinking water will be available). Parking for this event is free. Please note: the activities schedule is subject to change. HEAVY RAIN CANCELS.
For full event details, including the activities schedule, please see the Wingding Event Flyer or contact the SCVAS office at email@example.com or 408-252-3740.
Activities for Kids
Multimedia Nature Tours
Skyline Ridge Preserve
Vision Plan Project: Imagine the Future of Open Space