Special Meeting at 5 p.m., Regular Meeting at 7 p.m.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/83199809879 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 83199809879).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS. Government Code Section 54957.6
Agency designated representatives: Board Appointee Evaluation Committee (Directors Holman, Riffle, and Kersteen-Tucker )
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the August 25, 2021 Board meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Application for Grant Funding from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation (R-21-116)
Staff Contact: Deborah Hirst, Grants Program Manager, Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution authorizing the General Manager to submit a grant application to the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and to enter into a grant funding agreement for up to $1,000,000 to support the planning and design of the Highway 17 Wildlife and Regional Trail Crossings and Trail Connections Project.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
4. Prioritization Criteria for Measure AA Projects(R-21-119)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review, update if needed, and affirm Measure AA project prioritization criteria, including the weighting and project screening methodology.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS –Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
*Times are estimatedand items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.