The Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee consists of seven at-large members who reside within the District, and is essential to implementing Measure AA. The Committee is appointed by the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s Board of Directors pursuant to Measure AA to ensure accountability, transparency, and public oversight of all funds collected and allocated under Measure AA. Measure AA Oversight Committee Bylaws.
The Expenditure Plan approved as part of Measure AA defines the Committee’s roles and responsibilities as follows:
- Review Plan expenditures on an annual basis to verify conformity with the Expenditure Plan.
- Review District’s Annual Audit and Annual Accountability report and present the Committee’s findings to the Board at a public meeting.
- Review any proposed amendments to the Expenditure Plan.
The Committee does not oversee any other District financial information nor does it set policy or provide input or direction on projects, budgets, work plans, or financial matters pertaining to other District funds. All actions, including decision about selecting projects for funding, will be made by the Board in public meetings.
APPLY TO JOIN THE COMMITTEE
Midpen is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals interested in serving a four-year term on the Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee.
The Committee convenes several times a year to review annual Measure AA expenditures and Midpen’s Annual Audit and Accountability report.
Midpen seeks individuals to serve on the Oversight Committee who are committed to transparency, accountability, and provide oversight for all Measure AA funds collected and expended. Members of the Oversight Committee MUST be residents living within Midpen’s jurisdiction, which includes the cities of Atherton, Cupertino, East Palo Alto, El Granada, Half Moon Bay, La Honda, Loma Mar, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Menlo Park, Montara, Monte Sereno, Moss Beach, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Pescadero, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Carlos, San Gregorio, Stanford, Sunnyvale, and Woodside.
Applications are due by Friday, June 26, 2020 at 5 p.m.
The timeframe of this report spans from July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 and reflects Measure AA expenditures during this time period. The structure of this document is guided by the Measure AA Ballot language, specifically Priority Portfolio Actions by Region, which appears on page 7 of this report.
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: May 11, 2014 - June 30, 2016