District Geocaching Program
Use your GPS unit to locate geocaches hidden within a designated circuit of District preserves.
- Obtain a Preserve Circuit Passport.
(Have a pocket-size passport mailed to you, or print this letter-size version.)
- Go to Geocaching.com, register for a free basic membership, and obtain the GPS coordinates for the Preserve Circuit geocaches ("caches"). Search by user name "MROSD." You can also get coordinates below.
- Start your search to locate the Preserve Circuit caches using your GPS-enabled device.
- When you find a Preserve Circuit cache, sign the log book and stamp your passport with the stamp located inside the cache specific for that preserve (do NOT remove the game piece stamp).
- Share your experiences online when you get home. Log into your Geocaching.com account and track all of the caches you found. Let us know in your log if you're a first time visitor to any of the preserves!
- For children 16 years and younger, stamp any 12 of the Preserve Circuit cache locations in your passport to receive a limited custom District cache tag.*
- For geocachers of all ages, complete the entire Preserve Circuit Geo-Challenge (have every preserve cache location stamped) and receive a limited custom geocoin.*
*Prizes are available while supplies last. To claim prizes, mail in your qualifying passport (keep a copy for you records, the District is not responsible for lost mail) and receive it back along with your prize. Please include your complete mailing and contact information along with your full name and your geocaching username. You may also contact us and make arrangements to claim your prize in person.
Jennifer Williams – Geocaching Program
Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
330 Distel Circle – Los Altos, CA 94022
Following is a list of the 22 Open Space Preserves where you will discover the Preserve Circuit geocaches. Click on a preserve name below to be redirected to the corresponding cache listing on Geocaching.com where you will find the GPS coordinates and other important information about the cache at that preserve. You can also visit the Bookmark Listing page for this series on Geocaching.com that lists all of our Challenge caches in one place!
- Coal Creek
- El Corte de Madera Creek
- El Sereno
- Fremont Older
- Long Ridge
- Los Trancos
- Monte Bello
- Picchetti Ranch
- Pulgas Ridge - DISABLED 1/2020 (Stay tuned for new placement)
- Purisima Creek Redwoods
- Rancho San Antonio
- Russian Ridge
- Saratoga Gap
- Sierra Azul
- Skyline Ridge
- Stevens Creek Shoreline
- St. Joseph's Hill
- Teague Hill
- Windy Hill
- 100+ Geocoins
- 50+ Cache Tags
For questions or more information regarding Geocaching on District lands, please contact Jennifer Williams.