Thank you for your interest in working for the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District.
The Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District is an independent special district created by the voters of northwestern Santa Clara County in 1972, joined in 1976 by southern San Mateo County, and recently expanded to the San Mateo coast side in 2004. The District’s purpose is "To acquire and preserve a regional greenbelt of open space land in perpetuity; protect and restore the natural environment; and provide opportunities for ecologically sensitive public enjoyment and education."
The District owns and manages over 62,000 acres of land in 26 open space preserves. Activities on the preserves include hiking, cycling, horseback riding, picnicking, jogging and nature study.
Join our passionate, talented and dynamic team as we work collaboratively towards our vision.
We currently are accepting applications for the following positions.
Information Technology Intern
Salary: $18.392 - $22.967 per hour
About the Position: Only the first 75 qualified applications will be considered for the position. This is a temporary, non-benefited position (20-40 hours/week) which will extend up to a total of 1,000 hours over a 6-12 month period, open to current students or recent graduates (within the last 12 months). This position assists IT staff and reports to the District’s IT Administrator and may include additional duties depending on the individual’s interests and talents. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early as the application window may close before October 5th without prior notice.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
• Assist in maintaining the District’s network systems and operations, including responding to daily IT help-desk requests; engage in proactive problem solving and repair of IT related systems; assist in modifying and upgrading existing applications.
• Provide user support for software applications and technical expertise to all staff regarding the District’s computer network system; assist staff in computer applications.
• Assist in configuring, maintaining, upgrading and installing computers, printers and peripheral equipment to the network; install, test and upgrade software; assist in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
• Assist in the implementation of the District’s intranet site.
• Research the purchase of computer-related equipment and peripherals.
• Establish and maintain open communication with all District staff; coordinate activities and work collaboratively and positively in a professional manner.
»View more details
| Apply Online via CalOpps.org
Applications are available online via CalOpps.org. The Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department.