Closures in Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve:
- Weekdays, beginning Monday, September 12th:
- Mt. Umunhum Road will be closed from Jacques Ridge parking lot to the summit. Only local vehicle traffic, contractors, and approved District staff will be permitted past Jacques Ridge parking lot. Other vehicle traffic along with bicyclists, equestrians, and hikers will not be permitted on the road Monday through Friday for the duration of the project (estimated to finish in Summer 2017). The Jacques Ridge parking lot will continue to be open during regular preserve hours.
- Weekends (Saturday and Sunday):
Mt. Umunhum Road will be open for all uses up to the Bald Mountain Parking Area only. Only local vehicle traffic will be allowed past this point. Bicycles, equestrians and hikers will not be allowed on the portion of the road above the Bald Mountain Parking Area at any time.
- Barlow Road (trail) will be closed between Woods Trail (part of the Bay Area Ridge Trail) and Mt. Umunhum Road beginning on Tuesday, September 12 for the duration of construction on the Mount Umunhum Summit and Road.
- Please note that the Mount Umunhum and Mount Thayer areas are CLOSED areas. Anyone found in these areas will be cited.
- Areas that are adjacent to Mount Umunhum and Mount Thayer have been declared Temporary Closed Areas. Trespassers will be cited. Please refer to the posted map for details. Other closed areas within Sierra Azul Preserve are shown on the Preserve map.