Closures in Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve:
- Mt. Umunhum Road is CLOSED from the Jacques Ridge parking lot to the summit. Only local vehicle traffic, contractors, and approved District staff are permitted past Jacques Ridge parking lot. All other vehicles, bicyclists, equestrians, and hikers will not be permitted on the road until further notice.
- The Jacques Ridge parking lot will continue to be open during regular preserve hours.
- Barlow Road Trail is CLOSED between Woods Trail (part of the Bay Area Ridge Trail) and Mt. Umunhum Road for the duration of construction.
- The Bald Mountain Parking lot and Trail are CLOSED during the construction project.
- Areas highlighted in red below will be reopened to the public after major repairs and improvements to the road are completed; reopening is tentatively expected for July 2017.
- Please note that the Mount Umunhum and Mount Thayer areas are CLOSED areas. Anyone found in these areas will be cited.
- Areas that are adjacent to Mount Umunhum and Mount Thayer have been declared Temporary Closed Areas. Trespassers will be cited. Please refer to the posted map for details. Other closed areas within Sierra Azul Preserve are shown on the Preserve map.