The District’s primary revenue source is a share of the annual total property tax collected within the District. In fiscal year 2015-2016, this amounted to $44.98 million in tax revenue. Other revenue sources may include federal and state grants, interest and rental income, donations, land gifts, and note issues. This year’s District tax revenue growth and other data will not be comparable to prior years as Midpen adjusted its fiscal year from April 1 – March 31, to July 1 – June 30, which added an additional three months to this budget cycle, resulting in a fifteen-month reporting period.
- Annual Report 2015-2016
- Annual Report 2014-2015
- Financial Profile 2013-2014
- Financial Profile 2012-2013
- Financial Profile 2011-2014
The Accomplishments Report presents the results of Midpen’s overall endeavor during the past year to manage the regional open space preserves on behalf of the public. The list includes major and notable projects and milestones that were completed as part of the Action Plan as well as those relating to unanticipated projects.
2015-16 Accomplishments Report
The work plan and corresponding funding plan for the coming year that embodies the mission of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District to acquire and preserve a regional greenbelt of open space, protect and restore the natural environment, and provide opportunities for low-impact public enjoyment and education.
2016-17 Budget & Action Plan
- Approved FY 2016-17 Budget & Action Plan
- Approved FY 2015-16 Action Plan & Budget
- Approved FY 2014-15 Action Plan
- Approved FY 2014-15 Budget
For the next 15 to 20 years and beyond the District imagines a future that equally balances the three components of our mission: preserving open space, protecting and restoring the natural environment, and providing public access and education. The adopted strategic plan will guide decisions to achieve the most beneficial impact with the available resources.
- Strategic Plan Summary Report
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2016-17
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2015-16
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2014-15
Financial and Operational Sustainability Model
To support Midpen’s commitment to implement Measure AA projects efficiently and effectively while maintaining on-going operations and programs, the agency chose to evaluate its structure, capacity and financial sustainability. The resulting Financial and Operational Sustainability Model (FOSM) Report is a proactive effort to address the changing demands of the organization. Midpen has already begun implementation of numerous strategic recommendations in the FOSM.
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2016
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2015
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2014
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2013
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2012
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2011