6:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – STUDY SESSION
1. Project goals and delivery process for the Mount Umunhum Radar Tower Long-Term Repair Project at Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve (R-18-42)
Staff Contact: Zachary Alexander, Capital Project Manager III, Engineering and Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review and amend or approve the project goals, project delivery process, and timeline for the Mount Umunhum Radar Tower Long-Term Repair Project.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
• Introduction of staff
o Felipe Nistal, Senior Capital Projects Manager
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve April 11, 2018 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Grant Agreement with the Santa Clara Valley Water District for the Webb Creek Bridge Replacement (R-18-38)
Staff Contact: Melanie Askay, Grants Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution confirming an application for the Safe, Clean Water Priority D3 Grant Program, affirming that sufficient funds are available to complete this work, and authorizing the General Manager to execute the grant agreement with the Santa Clara Valley Water District to receive $149,500 for replacement of Webb Creek Bridge.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
4. Award of Contract to Graniterock Company for Construction of the Bear Creek Redwoods Public Access Project (R-18-39)
Staff Contact: Matt Brunnings, Senior Capital Project Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Award a contract to Graniterock Company of Watsonville, California for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $3,369,858.
2. Authorize a 15% construction contract contingency of $505,478 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, thus allowing the total contract amount not-to-exceed $3,875,336.
5. Contract Amendment for Design Services with Mills Design (R-18-41)
Staff Contact: Peggy Gibbons, Public Affairs Specialist II
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the Acting General Manager to amend an on-call design services contract with Mills Design for an additional $50,001 for a not-to-exceed total of $100,000.
6. Award of Contracts for Fiber Optic Line installation and Ethernet Virtual Private Network Services with Comcast Business Inc. (R-18-40)
Staff Contact: Garrett Dunwoody, Information Systems & Technology Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to execute a contract with Comcast Business Inc., for the installation of fiber optic line to four office facilities for a base contract amount of $456,309 based upon the State of California CALNET 3 pricing.
2. Authorize the General Manager to execute a three-year service contract with Comcast Business Inc., for an Ethernet virtual private line (EVPL) for an annual not-to-exceed amount of $115,000, for a total contract amount of $345,000, based upon the State of California CALNET 3 pricing.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports