Midpen’s primary revenue source is a share of the annual total property tax collected by counties within District boundaries. Other revenue sources may include federal and state grants, interest and rental income, donations, land gifts and note issues.
Our annual accomplishments report highlights Midpen’s focused efforts on a balanced mission: land acquisition and preservation; natural resources protection and restoration; public access, education and outreach; and for the Coastside, encouraging agricultural use of land resources and preserving rural character.
For the most recent fiscal year ending June 30, 2021, these accomplishments include projects to expand trail connectivity, highlighted by the completion of the Saratoga-to-the-Sea Trail Connection in partnership with the City of Saratoga. They also show progress on various priorities and goals, such as: habitat restoration; wildlife corridors; reduction of wildland fire severity and risk; engagement and outreach to diverse visitors; land conservation partnerships; and the the addition of nearly 700 acres to the more than 65,000 acres of public open space lands Midpen protects.
FY21 Accomplishments Report
- FY21 Accomplishments Report
- FY20 Accomplishments Report | FY20 Highlights Video | FY20 Year-End Review Slides
- FY19 Accomplishments Report | FY19 Year-End Review Slides
- FY18 Accomplishments Report
- FY17 Accomplishments Report
- FY16 Accomplishments Report | FY16 Annual Report
- FY15 Accomplishments Report | FY15 Annual Report
- FY14 Accomplishments Report | FY14 Financial Profile
The work plan and corresponding funding plan for the coming year that embodies the mission of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District to acquire and preserve a regional greenbelt of open space, protect and restore the natural environment, provide opportunities for low-impact public enjoyment and education, and preserve viable working lands on the Coast.
- Approved FY22 Budget and Action Plan | Budget in Brief Brochure FY22
- Approved FY21 Budget and Action Plan | Budget in Brief Brochure FY21
- Approved FY20 Budget and Action Plan | Budget in Brief Brochure FY20
- Approved FY19 Budget and Action Plan | Budget in Brief Brochure FY19
- Approved FY18 Budget and Action Plan
- Approved FY17 Budget and Action Plan
- Approved FY16 Action Plan and Budget
- Approved FY15 Action Plan | Approved FY15 Budget
For the next 15 to 20 years and beyond, Midpen imagines a future that balances the components of our mission: land acquisition and preservation; natural resources protection and restoration; public access, education and outreach; and for the Coastside, supporting local agriculture. The adopted strategic plan will guide decisions to achieve the most beneficial impact with the available resources.
- Strategic Plan Update FY22
- Strategic Plan Update FY21
- Strategic Plan Update FY20
- Strategic Plan Update FY19
- Strategic Plan Update FY18
- Strategic Plan Update FY17
- Strategic Plan Update FY16
- Strategic Plan Update FY15
- Strategic Plan Summary Report
Financial and Operational Sustainability Model
To support Midpen’s commitment to implement Measure AA projects efficiently and effectively while maintaining on-going operations and programs, the agency chose to evaluate its structure, capacity and financial sustainability. The resulting Financial and Operational Sustainability Model (FOSM) Report is a proactive effort to address the changing demands of the organization. Midpen has already begun implementation of numerous strategic recommendations in the FOSM.
The Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee consists of seven at-large members who reside within the District boundaries. The committee is appointed by Midpen’s board of directors to ensure accountability, transparency and public oversight of all funds collected and allocated under the measure.
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report FY20
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report FY19
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report FY18
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report FY17
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report May 11, 2014 - June 30, 2016
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report includes introductory, financial and statistical sections and is prepared by the Finance Department, in compliance with the principles and standards for financial reporting established by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board. The financial section includes the audited financial statements and the independent auditor’s report. Prior to FY2016-17, Midpen presented an annual audited financial report.
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report FY20
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report FY19
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report FY18
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report FY17
- Audited Financial Report FY16
- Audited Financial Report FY-15
- Audited Financial Report FY14
- Audited Financial Report FY13
- Audited Financial Report FY12
- Audited Financial Report FY11
The PAFR, prepared by the Finance Department, consists of a readily accessible and easily understandable Midpen financial report designed for the general public.