Special Meeting starts at 5:00 PM
Regular Meeting starts at 7:00 PM
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/s/83221010972 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 832 2101 0972).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: Controller
7:00 REGLAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
- Introduction of Staff
*Rafaela Duran, Budget & Analysis Manager
*Sasha Hnatkovich, Public Affairs Specialist II
*Christine Llobregat, Public Affairs Specialist II
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
- Approve the March 24, 2021 Board meeting minutes
- Claims Report
- Report from the Bond Oversight Committee to the Board of Directors for the review period from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020 (R-21-48)
Staff Contact: Andrew Taylor, Finance Manager
Committee Recommendation: The Bond Oversight Committee recommends that the Board of Directors accept this report.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
4. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transition Plan Implementation Update (R-21-49)
Staff Contact: Susanna Chan, Assistant General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive a progress report on implementation of the ADA Transition Plan. No Board action required.
5. Oral Update on Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District 50th Anniversary
Staff Contact: Kori Skinner, Public Affairs Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required.
6. Resolution Upholding Long-Standing Values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Condemning Discrimination, Hate, and Bigotry in All Forms (R-21-50)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a Resolution upholding long-standing values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and condemning discrimination, hate, and bigotry in all forms.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.