Closed session at 5 p.m.; Regular session at 7 p.m.
Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will not be physically open to the public and all members will be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/89511036290 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID895 1103 6290).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by leaving a message at 650-772-3614. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: Controller
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS. (GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives: Board Appointee Evaluation Committee (Directors Kersteen-Tucker, Kishimoto, and Riffle)
Unrepresented Employees: Controller
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
Introduction of Staff
• Andrea De Lara, Public Affairs Specialist II
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the August 24, 2022 Board meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Teleconferenced Board Meetings Pursuant to the Brown Act and Assembly Bill 361 (R-22-104)
Staff Contact: Hilary Stevenson, General Counsel
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution affirming findings on the continued need for remote teleconferenced public meetings pursuant to AB 361.
4. Capital Equipment Purchase for Fiscal Year 2022-23 (R-22-102)
Staff Contact: Brandon Stewart, Land & Facilities Services
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to execute a purchase contract with the California Department of General Services and associated contract dealers for two patrol vehicles and one administrative vehicle, for a total cost not-to-exceed $250,000.
2. Authorize the General Manager to execute a purchase contract with the California Department of General Services and associated contract dealers for one green mower, one track flail mower, and one track chipper for a total cost not-to-exceed $350,000.
5. Consultant Contract Amendment for the Radio System Assessment and Upgrade Project (R-22-103)
Staff Contact: Deborah Bazar, Management Analyst II, Visitor Services
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to amend a contract with Forrest Telecom Engineering, Inc., in the amount of $90,660 to support expanded scope and additional tasks associated with the Radio System Assessment and Upgrade Project, bringing the total not-to-exceed contract amount to $201,660.
2. Authorize a 10% contingency of $20,166 to cover unforeseen tasks beyond the amended scope to complete the Project for an aggregate not-to-exceed contract amount of $221,826.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors.
6. Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Interviews
Staff Contact: Jennifer Woodworth, District Clerk/Assistant to the General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Conduct interviews for Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee applicants to fill three vacancies. No Board action required.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports