Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/89520213301 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar 89520213301).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
• Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
• Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
• All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
• All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: CYR, HASSETT, HOLMAN
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The Committee Chair will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on any item not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Committee, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
1. Approve the March 9, 2021 Legislative, Funding, And Public Affairs Committee Meeting Minutes
2. Designation of the Stevens Creek Nature Trail, Skid Road Trail, and White Oak Trail in Monte Bello Open Space Preserve as part of the regional Stevens Creek Trail (R-21-118)
Staff Contact: Melissa Borgesi, Planner II
General Manager’s Recommendation: Forward to the full Board of Directors the recommendation to designate the Stevens Creek Nature Trail, White Oak Trail, and Skid Road Trail in Monte Bello Open Space Preserve as part of the regional Stevens Creek Trail.
3. Bay Area Ridge Trail Designation at El Sereno Open Space Preserve (R-21-117)
Staff Contact: Arianna Nuri, Planner I, Planning
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Recommend the Board of Directors designate 2.2 miles of the Aquinas Trail and the 1.3-miles of the Serenity Trail in El Sereno Open Space Preserve as a new segment of the Bay Area Ridge Trail.
2. Recommend the Board of Directors designate the 0.2-mile section of the Montevina Ridge Trail from the Aquinas Trail intersection to the roadside parking area on Montevina Road as an “access route” to the Bay Area Ridge Trail.