Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/84528443955 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 84528443955).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT PLANNING & NATURAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: HOLMAN, KERSTEEN-TUCKER, KISHIMOTO
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The Committee Chair will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on any item not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Committee, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
- Select Planning and Natural Resources Committee Chair for Calendar Year 2021
- Approve minutes for the January 26, 2021Planning and Natural Resources Committee meeting.
- Hawthorns Area Plan–Overview of the Proposed Planning Process(R-21-65)
Staff Contact: Alex Casbara, Planner III, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Receive an informational presentation on the proposed planning process for the Hawthorns Area Plan, which includes the following elements:
- Overview of the Hawthorns Area
- Key resources and other site considerations
- Potential formation of a working group
- Visioning and goal-setting process
- Planning timeline and next steps
2. Provide input and guidance on the planning and public engagement process. No formal Committeeaction required.
TO ADDRESS THE COMMITTEE: Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Planning and Natural Resources Committee. Written public comments will be provided to the Committee prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. Comments that are less than 250 words and are submitted online or to the District Clerk at email@example.com will be read into the record. Please visit openspace.org/board-meetings to learn more.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection on the District’s website at http://www.openspace.org.