Special Meeting starts at 5:30 PM.
Regular Meeting starts at 7:00 PM.
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL- PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: General Manager
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve April 26, 2017 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Contract with AGCO Hay, LLC for grazing infrastructure, resource management, and public access improvements to La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve (R-17-58)
Staff Contact: Elaina Cuzick, Sr. Property Management Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to award a sole source contract for FY2016-17 to grazing tenant AGCO Hay, LLC for improvements to La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve for the installation of livestock corrals, invasive plant control, and road repairs in a not-to-exceed amount of $57,192.00.
4. Contract Amendment with Restoration Design Group for an additional $129,460 for additional design and engineering, construction administration, and special inspections for the Mount Umunhum Summit Project (Summit Project), for a new, not-to-exceed total contract amount of $1,558,382 (R-17-61)
Staff Contact: Damon Adlao, Capital Project Manager III
General Manager’s Recommendation: Amend a contract with Restoration Design Group for the Summit Project in the amount of $117,691, plus a 10% contingency of $11,769, for a new, not-to-exceed total contract amount of $1,558,382 for additional time and services beyond the existing contract related to the following:
1. Design and engineering to address unforeseen conditions.
2. Construction Administration work to address technical construction issues.
3. Special Inspections that occurred.
5. Expedite the Recruitment of a Senior Capital Project Manager Position and an associated change to the Classification and Compensation Plan (R-17-65)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, Assistant General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution amending the Classification and Compensation Plan to create the Senior Capital Project Manager classification, and authorize the General Manager to begin recruitment of the position prior to final adoption of the Fiscal Year 2017-18 Budget to quickly add new capacity and expertise to manage the Administrative Office Rebuild Project.
6. Approval of Revised Statement of Investment Policy (R-17-62)
Staff Contact: Mike Foster, Controller
Controller’s Recommendation: Approve the District’s Revised Statement of Investment Policy, authorizing the investment of District funds in CalTRUST.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
7. Update on Actions of Mutual Interest taken by the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District (District) and by Lehigh Southwest Cement Company (Lehigh) during the past year (R-17-55)
Staff Contact: Kirk Lenington, Natural Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required.
8. Award of Contract with Robert Half Technology, Inc. for SharePoint Development Services (R-17-57)
Staff Contact: Garrett Dunwoody, IST Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a multi-year services contract with Robert Half Technology, Inc. to provide staffing for SharePoint development services for a total contract amount of $200,000.
9. Restructuring of the Public Affairs Department, and related changes to the Classification and Compensation Plan (R-17-67)
Staff Contact: Kevin Woodhouse, Assistant General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the following classification recommendations for the Public Affairs Department to restructure current positions, without adding new staff, into a structure that fulfills the District’s current and future public affairs business needs:
1. Adopt a resolution amending the District’s Classification and Compensation Plan with the following changes:
a. Addition of Public Affairs Specialist I/II classification;
b. Addition of Public Affairs Specialist III classification;
c. Deletion of Community Outreach Specialist classification;
d. Deletion of Media Communications Supervisor classification;
e. Deletion of Web Administrator classification (but retaining the working title of Web Administrator);
f. Deletion of Public Affairs Specialist classification;
g. Title change only of Legislative/External Affairs Specialist to Governmental Affairs Specialist
2. Approve the following reclassifications of positions in the Public Affairs Department:
a. Reclassification of Public Affairs Program Coordinator to Public Affairs Specialist I/II;
b. Reclassification of Public Affairs Specialist to Public Affairs Specialist I/II;
c. Reclassification of Web Administrator to Public Affairs Specialist I/II, with a web administration specialty focus;
3. Approve the inclusion of $21,000 in the FY2017-18 budget for a Public Affairs Intern.
• Funding Donation to State Parks to Support Science Research for Marbled Murrelet Landscape Management Plan for Santa Cruz Mountains
• Summary of the April 24, 2017 Facilities Ad Hoc Committee Meeting