September 10, 2022
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Come celebrate Midpen’s 50th Anniversary of public open space preservation, protection, restoration, access and education. This free admission Coastside community festival at Johnston Ranch will include entertainment, activities, food and fun for all ages.
Event entertainment and activities include:
- Wildlife presentations from Antonio Balestreri (Falconry Conservation) and NorCal Bats
- Agricultural talks and demonstrations
- Historical tours of Johnston House
- Food trucks featuring El Flamingo, Casita Vegana, Belladi Kitchen, and Hal's NYC Hot Dogs
- Live local music from Fret & Fiddle and Steven Graves Band
- Insect Discovery Lab by SaveNature
- Exhibitor booths hosted by our partners: Peninsula Open Space Trust (POST), Green Foothills, the City of Half Moon Bay, San Mateo County Parks Foundation, Sequoia Audubon Society, Half Moon Bay and Woodside Libraries, Half Moon Bay State Beach, Latino Outdoors, Ayudando Latinos A Soñar (ALAS), The HEAL Project, Coastside Farmers’ Market, San Mateo County Fire/CalFire, Coastside Land Trust, OneShoreline, Half Moon Bay Historical Association, PMAC, San Mateo Resource Conservation District, Groundswell Coastal Ecology, Midcoast Community Council, Save the Redwoods, Rancho San Benito, Te Kwe A’naa Warep Farm, Climate Resilient Communities, Pie Ranch, San Mateo County Master Food Preservers, Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), CARES of Half Moon Bay, Silicon Valley Bike Coalition, Master Beekeepers of San Mateo County, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, American Association of University Women and more!
Event parking is available in the field adjacent to the Johnston House. Complimentary shuttle service is available from downtown Half Moon Bay. Shuttle stops are available at: Half Moon Bay Library and Our Lady of the Pillar Church.
Limited seating is available for the main stage, bringing camping chairs or blankets is recommended. Well-behaved dogs on leash are allowed.