A general access permit is required for any activity or event that:
- may be attended by twenty (20) or more people; or
- would restrict the use of any part of Midpen lands by members of the public; or
- requests or requires a fee be paid or a donation made for participation. This includes events where the fee is in the form of a mandatory purchase, such as a t-shirt.
Permits are also required at certain parking areas or for certain activities:
- El Sereno Preserve: for parking at Overlook Permit Parking Area
- La Honda Creek Preserve: for parking at Event Center Permit Parking Area or access/parking at Allen Road Permit Parking Area
- Monte Bello Preserve: for parking at Waterwheel Creek Permit Parking Area
- Windy Hill Preserve: for use of remote control gliders, hang gliding and paragliding.
- Permit applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Applications should be submitted at least 2 weekdays prior to the requested visit date.
- Midpen cannot guarantee that late requests will be processed in time.
If you are charging a fee for your event, you must provide an insurance certificate and endorsement listing the District as additionally insured.