A general access permit is required for any activity or event that:
- may be attended by twenty (20) or more people; or
- would restrict the use of any part of Midpen lands by members of the public; or
- requests or requires a fee be paid or a donation made for participation. This includes events where the fee is in the form of a mandatory purchase, such as a t-shirt.
Permits are also required for certain activities at specific preserves:
- El Sereno Preserve: Parking at Overlook Drive
- La Honda Creek Preserve: parking at Event Center or access/parking for upper La Honda Creek
- Monte Bello Preserve: parking at Waterwheel Creek
- Windy Hill Preserve: remote control gliders, hang gliding and paragliding.