Many of the photos you see featured in our e-news and other publications come to us through our annual photo contest. This year's contest runs April 1 through June 30 with the winners to be announced in July. Winners from each category will receive a $100 REI gift card, a Midpen swag bag and bragging rights whenever your photo shows up online!
- Plant Life
- People in Nature
- Aspiring Photographers (students grade 6-12)
- The Trail Less Traveled (photos from our lesser visited open space preserves)
- Coal Creek
- El Sereno
- La Honda Creek
- Picchetti Ranch
- Pulgas Ridge
- Saratoga Gap
- Stevens Creek Shoreline
- St. Joseph's Hill
- Teague Hill
One category per image, please. A total of three (3) images can be entered in the contest.
A People’s Choice Award will be selected by the public from the winners in each category.
- Contest runs April 1, 2023 - June 30, 2023.
- Photos must be taken on Midpen preserves open to the public.
- Three (3) images per participant. Each image must be entered into only one category. Photos submitted in previous Midpen contests are not allowed.
- Each category winner will receive a $100 REI gift card and a Midpen swag bag.
The Fine Print
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO ALL RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS ("RULES"). The contest is open to participants regardless of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation. Employees of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District are not eligible to participate. Photo submissions must be uploaded by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on June 30, 2023. Please review the FULL PHOTO CONTEST RULES AND LEGAL CONDITIONS before entering. Good luck!