MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
ACTION PLAN AND BUDGET COMMITTEE
330 Distel Circle
Los Altos, CA 94022
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
A G E N D A
2:30 MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT ACTION PLAN & BUDGET COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: SIEMENS, KISHIMOTO, RIFFLE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The Committee Chair will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on any item not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Committee, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
1. Approve the Action Plan & Budget Committee Minutes:
November 30, 2015
2. Fiscal Year 2015-16 Action Plan and Budget Midyear Adjustments (R-16-04)
Staff Contact: Kate Drayson, Administrative Services Manager
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Review and confirm the proposed FY2015-16 Action Plan and Budget Midyear adjustments to cover the period from April 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016 resulting from the extension of the fiscal year by three months.
2. Review and confirm the change in eligible Land and Associated Costs expenses to include only those known at the close of escrow.
3. Recommend the proposed Action Plan and Budget revisions be forwarded to the full Board for approval.
3. Proposed New Positions and Position Reclassifications (R-16-05)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, Assistant General Manager and Kevin Woodhouse, Assistant General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation:
As part of the FY2015-16 Midyear Budget Adjustments:
1. Review and confirm the addition of eight new positions to proceed with ramping up staff capacity to increase project delivery and enhance service delivery, as recommended by the Financial and Operational Sustainability Model (FOSM).
2. Review and confirm the reclassification of three existing positions to continue with the FOSM reorganization recommendations.
3. Review and confirm the proposal for the Board of Directors (Board) to delegate to the General Manager the authority to approve final job descriptions for job classifications previously approved by the Board and final salary range adjustments within a ten percent margin for new classifications.
4. Recommend that this Agenda Item be forwarded to the full Board for their review and approval.