Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/84455571842 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 82118591587).
Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the meeting is being called to order.
Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Committee after the meeting.
The Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee has the following three responsibilities for each of the years the Measure AA general obligation tax is collected or revenues expended:
1. Review Plan expenditures on an annual basis to verify conformity with the Expenditure Plan.
2. Review the District’s Annual Audit and Annual Accountability report and present the Committee’s findings to the Board at a public meeting.
3. Review any proposed amendments to the Expenditure Plan.
5:30 MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT MEASURE AA BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
Public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Bond Oversight Committee on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Committee, please complete a
speaker card and give it to the Deputy District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
1. Selection of 2021 Bond Oversight Committee Chair and Vice-Chair
2. Approve February 27, 2020 Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Minutes
3. Review Annual Accountability Report
4. Affirm the Agreed-Upon Procedures for the Review of Measure AA Expenditures and Select Sample Transactions
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Affirm the procedures and sampling size as previously approved and implemented by the BondOversight Committee for the review of the Annual Accountability Report of 6/30/2020, known as the Agreed-Upon Procedures.
2. Review the Measure AA expenditure reports and select sample expenditures from these reports based on the Agreed-Upon Procedures.
3. Affirm staff’s proposal to invite the District’s auditor to the February 4th meeting when the BOC reviews and discusses the invoices.
5. Review of Timeline and Future Meetings
February 4, 2021 Review Samples
Outline Report to the Board
February 25, 2021 Finalize Report to the Board
April 14, 2021 Board Meeting and Presentation of Findings
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be public record and are distributed to Committee members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.