Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will be conducted in a hybrid manner. Individuals can attend in-person or via Zoom. Some board members may be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. Members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
1. In-person at the Midpen Administrative Office – 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022.
2. Viewing the meeting in real-time at https://openspace.zoom.us/j/87936095793 or listening to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID 879 3609 5793).
Members of the public may submit written comments to be provided to the Committee or register to make oral comments as follows:
• Requests to provide oral comment must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
• Requests to provide oral comments may be made by:
o Submitting a request through the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/publiccomment for those attending via Zoom.
o Submitting a request via the paper-based public comment form at the meeting for those attending in-person.
• Written comments may be submitted via the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/publiccomment.
• Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
• All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
• Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Committee after the meeting.
The Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee has the following three responsibilities for each of the years the Measure AA general obligation tax is collected or revenues expended:
1. Review Plan expenditures on an annual basis to verify conformity with the Expenditure Plan.
2. Review the District’s Annual Audit and Annual Accountability report and present the Committee’s findings to the Board at a public meeting.
3. Review any proposed amendments to the Expenditure Plan.
5:30 REGULAR MEETING OF THE MEASURE AA BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
Public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Bond Oversight Committee on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
1. Approve January 17, 2023 Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Minutes
2. Oral presentation from auditor Chavan and Associates regarding audit of Measure AA Expenses
3. Documentation Review of Selected Transactions for Verification of Measure AA Expenditures
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administrative Services General Manager’s Recommendation: Review the transaction materials for the 20 transactions selected by Bond Oversight Committee. No formal Committee action required.
4. Appointment of Bond Oversight Committee Ad Hoc Committee
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administrative Services General Manager’s Recommendation: Appoint a three-member ad hoc subcommittee to prepare the draft Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Report.
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Committee members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection on the District’s website at http://www.openspace.org.