A G E N D A
9:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
1. Annual Board of Director’s Retreat – Strategic Planning Meeting 1 (Environmental Scan, FOSM 5-Year Staffing Projections, and Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives Review) (R-18-147)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Review the Financial and Operational Sustainability Model (FOSM): implementation of recommendations to-date and re-forecasted staffing projections for the next five years (Fiscal Years 2019-20 through 2023-24).
2. Review the annual Environmental Scan Report.
3. Review, update if needed, and adopt the Fiscal Year 2019-20 Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives to meet emerging opportunities and challenges, and guide the development of the Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budget and 3-year Capital Improvement and Action Plan.
2. Formation of a Science Advisory Panel (R-18-148)
Staff Contact: Kirk Lenington, Natural Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review and provide direction on the proposed formation of a Science Advisory Panel as described in the staff report.