A G E N D A
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve March 27, 2019 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Award of Contract with LSA to provide Biological/Cultural, Environmental Review, and Permitting Services for the Alpine Road Trail Improvements and La Honda Creek Loop Trail (R-19-44)
Staff Contact: Bryan Apple, Capital Projects Field Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with LSA to provide services to support two Measure AA capital projects for a base amount not to exceed $163,600.
2. Authorize a 15% contingency of $24,540 to be awarded if necessary to cover unforeseen conditions, for a total contract amount not-to-exceed $188,140.
4. Adopt a Resolution Accepting State Funding Allocated for the Upper Guadalupe/Los Gatos Creek Watershed to Restore Upper Pond and Mud Lake and Construct Phase II Trails within Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve (R-19-42)
Staff Contact: Melanie Askay, Grants Program Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution authorizing the General Manager to file an application and execute a funding agreement with the California Natural Resources Agency for state funding to assist with the restoration at Upper Pond and Mud Lake, and construction of Phase II trails, at Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
5. Report from the Bond Oversight Committee to the Board of Directors for the review period from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 (R-19-43)
Contact: Denise Gilbert, Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Chair and Andrew Taylor, Finance Manager
Bond Oversight Committee’s Recommendation: The Bond Oversight Committee recommends that the Board of Directors accepts this report.
6. Authorization to Solicit Bids for the South Area Field Office Project (R-19-41)
Staff Contact: Felipe Nistal, Senior Capital Project Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to solicit construction bids for South Area Field Office Project.
• BCR Public Access Vault Toilet Construction Update
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports