Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20 and the March 16, 2020 Order of the Health Officer of Santa Clara County directing all individuals living in the County to shelter at their place of residence, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/767047503 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 767 047 503).
2. If you would like to submit a public comments on an agenda item, please submit your comments at openspace.org/public-comment no later than 4:30 P.M., Wednesday, April 8, 2020. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website. Please visit openspace.org/board-meetings to learn more.
1. Study Session on the Proposed Wildland Fire Resiliency Program (R-20-08)
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes-Winter, Senior Resource Management Specialist, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive an overview and provide feedback on the scope of the proposed Wildland Fire Resiliency Program, which includes the following elements: Vegetation Management Plan, Prescribed Fire Plan, Wildland Fire Pre-Plan and Resource Advisor Maps, and Monitoring Plan.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Claims Report
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
2. Bear Creek Stables Project Update and Funding Allocation (R-20-34)
Staff Contact: Gretchen Laustsen, Planner III, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Receive an update on the Bear Creek Stables Project, including status of the plan development, permitting requirements, schedule, and cost estimates.
2. Allocate $1.223M of the available Interest on Measure AA Bond Proceeds to close the known funding gap to implement the Bear Creek Stables Project in fiscal year 2020-21.
3. Select a design alternative for the La Honda Creek Redwood Cabin, La Honda Creek White Barn, and Sierra Azul Beatty House (R-20-35)
Staff Contact: Tanisha Werner, Senior Capital Project Manager, Engineering & Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Select a design alternative for the following structures:
a. La Honda Creek Redwood Cabin;
b. La Honda Creek White Barn; and
c. Sierra Azul Beatty House.
2. Direct the General Manager to return to the Board of Directors with a recommended award of contract to develop construction documents for the Board-selected design alternatives.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: 811 La Honda Road, San Gregorio, CA, San Mateo County, APNs 081-040-010, 081-022-010, & 081-022-020
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Ben Wright, Director of Land Transactions, Peninsula Open Space Trust
Under Negotiation: Terms and conditions