Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/84315688929 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 84315688929).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. All written comments submitted in accordance with the guidance posted on the District’s website will be read into the record.
1. La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve Parking, Trailhead, and Public Access Recommendations to Forward into the Feasibility Study Phase (R-20-115)
Staff Contact: Tina Hugg, Senior Planner, Planning and Melissa Borgesi, Planner I, Planning
Planning and Natural Resources Committee’s Recommendations:
1a. Direct the General Manager to proceed with feasibility studies of the parking, trailhead, and public access recommendations as presented by the La Honda Public Access Working Group, with any modifications requested by the Board of Directors.
1b. Direct the Planning and Natural Resources Committee or La Honda Public Access Working Group to reconvene to respond to Board of Directors requests for additional information.
AND if Recommendation (1a) is approved, either:
2a. Determine that the La Honda Public Access Working Group has fulfilled its charge and direct the General Manager to dissolve the group and issue a special recognition for their dedication and contributions, and keep members on the project notification list to solicit their individual input as part of future Committee and Board meetings on the project.
2b. Direct the General Manager to return to the Board for consideration and approval of a revised La Honda Public Access Working Group charter, purpose, and term to extend their work through the Feasibility Study Phase.
AND if Recommendation (2a) is approved:
3. Approve the draft March 5, 2020 La Honda Public Access Working Group meeting summary since the Working Group will no longer meet as a body to approve their last meeting summary.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.