Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/83655866669 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 83655866669).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDER OF THE DAY
- Introduction of Staff
- Brandon Stewart, Land & Facilities Manager
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1.Approve October 21, 2020 and 28, 2020 Minutes
2.Award of Contract with Ascent Environmental to provide Environmental Consulting Services for the White Barn Rehabilitation and Redwood Cabin Demolition Projects at La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve (R-20-127)
Staff Contact: Aaron Peth, Planner III, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Ascent Environmental to provide environmental consulting services for the Redwood Cabin Removal Project and White Barn Structural Rehabilitation Project for a combined base amount of $216,531.
- Authorize a 10% contingency, to be expended only if necessary, to cover unforeseen conditions, for a total contract amount not-to-exceed $238,184.
3. First Amendment to the Secured Promissory Note between Jacob Guenther and Tamara J. Shimizu (a.k.a. Tamara J. Guenther) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District for a Fee Determinable Estate at 5705 Alpine Road, Portola Valley, CA 94028, adjoining Skyline Ridge Open Space Preserve in unincorporated San Mateo County (Assessor’s Parcel Number 080-282-080) (R-20-128)
Staff Contact: Jasmine Leong, Real Property Agent I
General Manager’s Recommendations:
- Determine that the recommended actions are categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), as set out in the staff report.
- Adopt a Resolution authorizing the General Manager to enter into a First Amendment to the Secured Promissory Note held by Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District against Jacob Guenther and Tamara J. Shimizu as described in the staff report.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. All written comments submitted in accordance with the guidance posted on the District’s website will be read into the record.
4. Science Advisory Panel Final Report on Multiple Grazing Topics (R-20-129)
Staff Contact: Sophie Christel, Management Analyst I, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendations: Receive a presentation and findings report from the Science Advisory Panel on their scientific literature review regarding multiple Grazing topics and questions posed by the Board of Directors to inform future land management decisions. No Board action required.
- La Honda Creek White Barn Bat Habitat
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.