Special Meeting begins at 9 a.m.
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/81105557733 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 81105557733).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
9:00 a.m. SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
1. Progress Update on the Fiscal Year 2020-21 Capital Improvement and Action Plan (R-20-114) Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive a progress update report on the Fiscal Year 2020-21 Capital Improvement and Action Plan. No Board action is required.
2. 2020 Environmental Scan and Fiscal Year 2021-22 Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives (R-20-112) Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager General Manager’s Recommendation: Consider the results of the 2020 Environmental Scan and review, update if needed, and adopt the Fiscal Year 2021-22 (FY22) Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives to guide the development of the FY22 Budget and Capital Improvement and Action Plan (CIAP).
3. Potential Focus Areas for Fiscal Year 2021-22 (R-20-113) Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager General Manager’s Recommendation: Discuss and provide feedback on the potential focus areas for Fiscal Year 2021-22.
• Development of a True Multi-Year Capital Improvement and Action Plan
• Progress Update on Measure AA Commitments
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.