Special Meeting begins at 5 p.m.
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/85948269211 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 81978403665).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 PM SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
1 . Award of Contract to BHM Construction, Inc., for the Administrative Office Project located at 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA (R-21-09)
Staff Contact: Tanisha Werner, Senior Capital Project Manager, Engineering and Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Waive immaterial irregularities in the low bid submitted by BHM Construction, Inc.
2. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with BHM Construction, Inc., of Napa, CA, for the base amount of $19,984,221, which includes bid alternates #1 through #4.
3. Authorize a 10% contingency of $1,998,422 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, bringing the total contract to a not-to-exceed amount of $21,982,643.
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT - CLOSED SESSION
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: Controller
* Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in
this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to
the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and
are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for
public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.