Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/87230907296 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 87230907296).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
1. Amendments to the Grazing Management Policy Pertaining Specifically to Reimbursements for Cattle Predation and Research on Safe Livestock and Wildlife Protection Measures (R-2122) Staff Contact: Matt Sharp Chaney, Resource Management Specialist II
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Review and discuss the proposed amendments to the Grazing Management Policy as supported by the Planning and Natural Resources Committee, which pertain specifically to reimbursements and research work, including public and stakeholder feedback received.
2. Approve the proposed Grazing Management Policy amendments with any additional changes as requested by the Board of Directors.
3. Authorize the General Manager to make amendments to existing grazing leases to include updated lease provisions, including a reduction in rent rate consistent with the proposed Grazing Management Policy amendments.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approval of the minutes for the following Board meetings:
- January 13, 2021
- January 20, 2021
- January 27, 2021
2. Claims Report
3. Quarter 2 Proposed Budget Amendments to the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2021 (R-21-23)
Staff Contact: Mike Bower, Budget & Analysis Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the proposed Quarter 2 budget amendments for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021.
4. Minor Amendment to a Memorandum of Understanding with San Mateo Resource Conservation District for the Regional Climate Adaptation Planning Project (R-21-21)
Staff Contact: Sophie Christel, Management Analyst I, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to execute an amendment in the amount of $1,000 to the Memorandum of Understanding with the San Mateo Resource Conservation District to add a presentation to the Board of Directors on the results of the Regional Climate Adaptation Planning Project, for an amended contract total of $50,999.
5. Award of Contract through Cooperative Purchasing for Software and Professional Services to Implement an Electronic Document Management System and Convert Documents to a Digital Format (R-21-16)
Staff Contact: Jennifer Woodworth, District Clerk/Assistant to the General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a one-year contract with ECS Imaging, Inc., a license service provider of Laserfiche, for a not-to-exceed amount of $180,950 that includes:
a) a not-to-exceed amount of $30,950 for Laserfiche document management cloud software;
b) a not-to-exceed amount of $50,000 for software implementation services; and
c) a not-to-exceed amount of $100,000 for scanning and indexing of District records.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
6. Overview of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s Onboarding Program for New Employees (R-21-24)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive an overview of the New Employee Onboarding Program. No Board action required.
7. 2021 Legislative Program (R-21-25)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt the 2021 Legislative Program as recommended by the Legislative, Funding, and Public Affairs Committee, with any final changes from the Board of Directors, to set the legislative priorities and policies for Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District.
8. Oral Update on Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District COVID-19 Response
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required.
• Real Property Committee (RPC) Update – Criteria for Determining Which Transactions to Bring Before the RPC for Review
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: San Mateo County APN: 078-260-030
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Camas Steinmetz, ESQ. and Bob Dooley
Under Negotiation: Easement Exchange Terms
* Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.