Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/87465793617 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 87465793617).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- Electronic comments on agenda may only be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
9:30 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
1. Fiscal Year 2021-22 and Fiscal Year 2022-23 Capital Improvement and Action Plan Review (R-21-33)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Review and affirm or amend the proposed Fiscal Year 2021-22 and Fiscal Year 2022-23 Capital Improvement and Action Plan.
2. If amended, direct the General Manager to reevaluate staff and resource capacity and, if needed, return to the full Board with any additional recommendations for further discussion and direction.
2. Approval of a Two-Year, Limited Term Public Affairs Specialist II Position (R-21-33)
Staff Contact: Korrine Skinner, Manager, Public Affairs Department
General Manager’s Recommendations: Capitalize on the strength of a current recruitment pool to approve a two-year, limited term Public Affairs Specialist II position to quickly add in-house capacity for the planning, preparation, and implementation of year-long public facing activities, events, and gatherings to commemorate 50 years of public support that has led to 50 years of accomplishments in land conservation, natural resource restoration, public access, and support of local agriculture.
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.