Special meetings starts at 5 p.m.
Regular meeting starts at 7 p.m.
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/85274473377 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 85274473377).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
1. Draft Design Schemes for the Administrative Office Interpretive Elements Project (R-21-37)
Staff Contact: Leigh Ann Gessner, Public Affairs Specialist II
General Manager’s Recommendation: Choose a preferred alternative from the two draft design schemes
and provide any additional direction for planning and design of public-facing inter retive
elements for the future Administrative Office located at 5050 El Camino Real in Los Altos.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDER OF THE DAY
- Proclamations Recognizing Efforts of the La Honda Public Access Working Group Members
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
- Approve the February 24, 2021 and February 25, 2021 Board meeting minutes
- Claims Report
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
3. Best Practices from the La Honda Public Access Working Group Pilot (R-21-36)
Staff Contact: Tina Hugg, Senior Planner, Planning and Melissa Borgesi, Planner I, Planning
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive an overview of best practices learned from the La Honda Public
Access Working Group pilot. No action required.
4. Selection of an Additional Topic for the Science Advisory Panel (R-21-38)
Staff Contact: Sophie Christel, Management Analyst I, Natural Resources Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to direct the Science Advisory Panel to
prepare a literature review on the topic of electric bicycles, and more specifically to address the
• What do the scientific literature and practitioner studies suggest about the benefits and impacts of class 1 electric bike access on multi-use recreational trails in natural areas?
5. Consideration of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Alternatives for strative Office Project (R-21-39)
Staff Contact: Tanisha Werner, Senior Capital Project Manager, Engineering and Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Choose one of four LEED alternatives:
- LEED Gold Level equivalent design (General Manager’s Recommendation)
- LEED Gold Level certification through U.S. Green Building Council
- LEED Silver Level equivalent design
- No LEED association
- Hawthorns Are Public Access Project - Plannng Process Update
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.