Special meetings starts at 5 p.m.
Regular meeting starts at 7 p.m.
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/82286312328 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID822 8631 2328 ).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT–STUDY SESSION
1.Draft Mitigation Policy (R-21-50)
Staff Contact: Julie Andersen, Senior Resource Management Specialist, Natural Resources Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review, discuss, and provide feedback on the draft Mitigation Policy and associated terms, which will be refined and brought back for approval at a later date as a new chapter addition to the Resource Management Policies. No Boardaction required.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
- Approve the April 14, 2021 Board meeting minutes
- Claims Report
- Partnership Agreement with San Jose Conservation Corps and Charter School to Complete Resource Management, Vegetation Management, and Maintenance Projects (R-21-52)
Staff Contact: Brandon Stewart, Land and Facilities Department Manager
General Manager's Recommendation:
1.Authorize the General Manager to enter into a Partnership Agreement with the San Jose Conservation Corps and Charter School for a not-to-exceed amount of $150,000 in Fiscal Year 2021-22.
2.Authorize the General Manager to extend the agreement for three additional consecutive years, if the program achieves specific success criteria, at an annual cost of up to $200,000 for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $750,000 over four years.
4. Contract Amendments for On-Call Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Services(R-21-54)
Staff Contact: Adriana Headley, Management Analyst II, Land & Facilities
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to amend an on-call vehicle maintenance and repair contract with Renson Automotive Inc., by an additional $25,000 for a new, not-to-exceed total amount of $75,000 to cover service needs through end of June (end of Fiscal Year 2020-21).
2.Authorize the General Manager to amend an on-call vehicle maintenance and repair contract with Ray & Jan’s Mobile Mechanic by an additional $10,000 for a new, not-to-exceed total amount of $60,000 to cover service needs through end of June (end of Fiscal Year 2020-21).
5. Award of Contract with Vollmar Natural Lands Consulting for Botanical Services at Cloverdale Ranch (R-21-51)
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes-Winter, Senior Resource Management Specialist, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendation:
- Authorize the General Manager to contract with Vollmar Natural Lands Consulting of Berkeley, CA, to provide botanical services at Cloverdale Ranch for a base contract amount of $118,805.
- Authorize an allowance of $12,000 to cover additional biological surveys if significant populations of rare or invasive plant species are discovered that may require additional time (or seasons) to survey, for a grand total contract amount not-to-exceed $130,805.
6. Amend the Classification and Compensation Plan for three Positions: Area Manager, Area Superintendent and Capital Projects Field Manager (R-21-53)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution amending the Classification and Compensation Plan to reflect current labor market levels for the following three positions: Area Manager, Area Superintendent and Capital Projects Field Manager.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
7. Affirmation of the scored, prioritized findings and recommendations of the Rancho San Antonio Multimodal Access Strategies Report as forwarded by the Planning and Natural Resources Committee (R-21-55)
Staff Contact: Tina Hugg, PLA, ASLA, Senior Planner, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Review and affirm, with any final modifications as directed by the Board of Directors, the scored, prioritized transportation demand strategy findings and recommendations of the Rancho San Antonio Multimodal Access Strategies Report.
2. Direct the General Manager to begin the implementation phase for the first set of prioritized transportation demand management strategies and recommendations.
8. Project-Specific Analysis and CEQA Compliance for Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve Vegetation Treatment Project (R-21-56)
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes-Winter, Senior Resource Management Specialist and Alex Casbara, Planner III
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution of the Board of Directors of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District that includes the following:
- A determination that the Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve Vegetation Treatment Project qualifies as an activity covered under the California Vegetation Treatment Program Environmental Impact Report;
- Adoption of the Findings of Fact and Statement of Overriding Considerations;
- Adoption of the Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan; and
- Approval of the Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve Vegetation Treatment Project.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS –Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT –CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property:San Mateo County APN(s): 066-300-010 & -020
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Mateo and Alessandra Tabachnik
Under Negotiation: Purchase Terms
*Times are estimatedand items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.