Special Meeting starts at 5:00 PM
Regular Meeting starts at 7:00 PM
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/83096929942 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID830 9692 9942).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT–CLOSED SESSION
1. Public Hearing: Certification of a Final Environmental Impact Report; Adoption of the Wildland Fire Resiliency Program, and Approval of Associated Policies (R-21-58)
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes-Winter, Senior Resource Management Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation:
- Adopt a Resolution of the Board of Directors of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District certifying the Final Program Environmental Impact Report,adopting Findings of Fact, a Statement of Overriding Considerations,a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program,and adopting the Wildland Fire Resiliency Program.
- Approve the associated Resource Management Policy updates.
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT –CLOSED SESSION
1.CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: San Mateo County APN(s): 066-300-010 & -020
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Mateo and Alessandra Tabachnik
Under Negotiation: Purchase Terms
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDER OF THE DAY
- Introduction of Staff
oAnn Marie Hoyt, Risk Management Analyst
oLisa Caracciolo, Public Affairs Specialist II
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approvethe April 28, 2021 Board meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Quarter 3 Proposed Budget Amendments to the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2021(R-21-59)
Staff Contact: Rafaela Duran, Budget & Analysis Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the proposed Quarter 3 budget amendments for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021.
4. Award of Contract to Ronald Seever for Construction of Conservation Grazing Infrastructure Improvements in Russian Ridge Open Space Preserve on the Mindego Ranch South Pasture Expansion Area (R-21-62)
Staff Contact: Susan Weidemann, Property Management Specialist II, Land & Facilities Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to execute a $30,000 contract with Ronald (Ronnie) Seever to fund a water system improvement project partially funded by the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS).
2. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Ronnie Seever to construct perimeter fencing for a base amount of $76,800 and authorize a 10% contingency of $7,680 for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $84,480.
5. Approval of a New Field Resource Specialist Position to Implement the Wildland Fire Resiliency Program (R-21-60)
Staff Contact: Brandon Stewart, Land and Facilities Department Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve a new Field Resource Specialist position, contingent on Board of Directors approval of the Wildland Fire Resiliency Program.
6. Award of Contract with Matter Unlimited to develop a Comprehensive Plan for the Year-Long Public Events and Activities to Celebrate the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s 50th Anniversary (R-21-61)
Staff Contact: Cydney Bieber, Public Affairs Specialist II, Public Affairs Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contractwith Matter Unlimited to provide consulting services for the 50th Anniversary Celebration Plan for a total contract amount not to exceed $75,031.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
7. InformationalPresentation from California Joint Powers Insurance Authority (R-21-64)
Staff Contact: Hilary Stevenson, General Counsel
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive a presentation from a representative of the California Joint Powers Insurance Authority, the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s public entity risk pool. No Board action required.
8. Oregon State University Phytophthora Research: Assessment of PhytophthoraSoilborne Pathogens at Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District R estoration Sites (R-21-63)
Staff Contact: Amanda Mills, Natural Resource Specialist II, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive Oregon State University’s Phytophthora Research Presentation on the Assessment of Phytophthora Soilborne Pathogens at Restoration Sites. Provide feedback on recommendations and next steps. No formal Board action necessary.
9. Oral Update on Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District COVID-19 Response
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required.
•Update on the Electric Bicycle Study
•Redwood Cabin Removal Project -- Status and Upcoming CEQA Process
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS –Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.