Special Meeting starts at 5 p.m.
Regular Meeting starts at 7 p.m.
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/89066209740 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 890 6620 9740).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT - CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: San Mateo County APN: 064-370-070 (portion), 065-210-240 (portion), 065-210-220 (portion), 065-210-110 and 065-210-120
Agency Negotiation: Michael Williams, Real Property Manager
Negotiating Party: Ben Wright, Peninsula Open Space Trust
Under Negotiation: Price and terms of payment for property purchase.
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL-ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Initiation of litigation pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4): (one potential case)
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the May 12, 2021 Board meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Award of a Design and Engineering Contract for the Phase II ADA Barrier Removal Project at Russian Ridge, Skyline Ridge, and Pulgas Ridge Open Space Preserves (R-21-67)
Staff Contact: Zachary Alexander, Capital Project Manager III, Engineering and Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with BKF Engineers of Redwood City, California for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $210,690.
2. Authorize a 10% contingency of $21,069 to be expended only if necessary to cover unforeseen conditions, for a total contract amount not-to-exceed $231,759.
4. Award of Contract to Hammer Fences for Construction of Livestock Fencing within the Lone Madrone Conservation Grazing Lease in La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve (R-21-66)
Staff Contact: Susan Weidemann, Property Management Specialist II, Land & Facilities Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Hammer Fences to construct wildlife-friendly livestock fencing for a not-to-exceed contract amount of $63,200.
BOARD BUSINESS/PUBLIC HEARING
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
5. Public Hearing on the Proposed Fiscal Year 2021-22 Budget and Action Plan Review (R-21-68)
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Hold a public hearing to review the Proposed Fiscal Year 2021-22 (FY22) Budget and Action Plan, as recommended by the Action Plan and Budget Committee in preparation for adoption at the June 9, 2021 regular meeting of the Board of Directors.
2. Direct either:
a. The General Manager to bring the proposed FY22 Budget and Action Plan back for adoption at the June 9, 2021 regular meeting of the Board of Directors, or
b. The Action Plan and Budget Committee to consider proposed changes to the FY22 Budget and Action Plan prior to the General Manager bringing the item back to the Board of Directors for adoption at the June 9, 2021 regular meeting.
6. Controller’s Report on the Proposed Fiscal Year 2021-22 Budget (R-21-69)
Staff Contact: Michael L. Foster, Controller
General Manager’s Recommendation: Accept the Controller’s Report on the Fiscal Year 2021-22 Budget.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.