Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will not be physically open to the public and all members will be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/83598159182 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID 835 9815 9182).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by leaving a message at 650-772-3614. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the June 22, 2022 and June 29, 2022 Board meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Teleconferenced Board Meetings Pursuant to the Brown Act and Assembly Bill 361 (R-22-86)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager and Hilary Stevenson, General Counsel
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution affirming findings on the continued need for remote teleconferenced public meetings pursuant to AB 361.
4. Contract Amendment for Historic Debris Data Recovery at Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve (R-22-85)
Staff Contact: Aaron Hébert, Sr. Resource Management Specialist, Natural Resources Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
- Authorize the General Manager to amend a contract with Albion Environmental, Inc., of Santa Cruz, California in the amount of $49,836 to conduct additional historic debris data recovery, bringing the contract to $190,073.
- Authorize a 15% contingency of $7,475 to cover unforeseen tasks beyond the current scope of work as needed for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $197,548.
5. Award of Contract with Parisi Transportation Consulting to provide Transportation Planning Services for the Hawthorns Area Plan (R-22-81)
Staff Contact: Arianna Nuri, Planner I, Planning Department and Alex Casbara, Planner III, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Parisi Transportation Consulting of Mill Valley, CA to complete the Hawthorns Area Transportation Study for a base amount of $131,245.
- Authorize a 10% contingency of $13,125 to cover unforeseen tasks beyond the current scope of work for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $144,370.
- Authorize a Supplemental Work Allowance in the amount of $75,555 for additional transportation studies beyond those in the base contract scope of work, if deemed necessary for the development of the Hawthorns Area Plan.
6. Awards of Contract to Five Firms for On-Call Graphic Design Services (R-22-82)
Staff Contact: Natalie Jolly, Public Affairs Specialist II
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into five contracts for on-call graphic design services with Amy Made, Cartwright Design Studio, Eric Gouldsberry Art Direction, Lower Case Productions and Modiv Design, each for up to $100,000 over a four-year term.
7. Award of Contract with Mead & Hunt to provide Transportation Planning Services to Develop a Shuttle Program at Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve (identified as a Priority 1 Action under the Rancho San Antonio Multimodal Access Project) (R-22-83)
Staff Contact: Susanna Chan, Assistant General Manager, General Manager’s Office and Tyler Smith, Planner II, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Mead & Hunt of Denver, Colorado to develop a Shuttle Program at Rancho San Antonio Preserve for a base amount of $76,730.
- Authorize a 10% contingency of $7,673 to cover unforeseen tasks beyond the current scope for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $84,403.
8. Resolution for Proposition 1 Grant Funding from the California State Coastal Conservancy (R-22-84)
Staff Contact: Deborah Hirst, Grants Program Manager, Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution authorizing the General Manager to enter into a funding agreement with the State Coastal Conservancy for $500,000 in Proposition1 grant funding for the Johnston Ranch Acquisition Project.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors.
9. Oral Update on Cloverdale Communications
Staff Contact: Leigh Ann Gessner, Public Affairs Specialist II and Mike Williams, Real Property Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, California 94022.