Special Meeting at 5 p.m.; Regular Meeting at 7 p.m.
Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will not be physically open to the public and all members will be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/s/88061545815 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID /88061545815).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
· Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
· Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
· All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
· All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by leaving a message at 650-772-3614. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives: Ana Ruiz, General Manager, Brian Malone, Assistant General Manager
Employee organization: Midpeninsula Rangers Peace Officers Association; Field Employees Association; all unrepresented office, supervisory and management employees
2. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: Controller
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the August 10, 2022 Board meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Award of Contract to SAE Consulting Engineering for Roofing Work at the Red Barn in La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve (R-22-97)
Staff Contact: Leigh Guggemos, Capital Project Manager III, Engineering and Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a construction repair contract with SAE Consulting Engineering of San Jose, CA for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $167,000.
2. Authorize a 10% contingency in the amount of $16,700 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, bringing the total not-to-exceed contract amount to $183,700.
4. Award of Contract to KM 106 Construction Inc., of San Francisco, California, to complete the Smith Property Demolition at Russian Ridge Open Space Preserve (R-22-100)
Staff Contact: Ivana Yeung, Capital Projects Manager II, Engineering and Construction
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with KM 106 Construction Inc., of San Francisco, California for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $159,700.
2. Authorize a contingency of 10% in the amount of $15,970 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, bringing the total not-to-exceed contract amount of $175,670.
5. Capital Equipment Purchase of Two Electric Ford Lightning F150 Trucks (R-22-101)
Staff Contact: Brad Pennington, Area Superintendent
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to execute a purchase contract with the California Department of General Services and associated contract dealers for two electric Ford Lightning F150 trucks for a total cost not-to-exceed $140,000.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors.
6. Approval of a Multi-Year Agreement with Chaparral Country Corporation as the Recommended Concessionaire for Bear Creek Stables located in Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve (R-22-99)
Staff Contact: Omar Smith, Senior Property Management Specialist, Land and Facilities Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a Concessionaire Agreement for Bear Creek Stables with Chaparral Country Corporation for a preliminary 2-year term with options to extend for two additional 5-year terms and a fee structure of: (1) 5% of gross receipts lease payment and (2) 5% of gross receipts payment held in a maintenance and improvement fund.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.