Study Session - 5 p.m.; Regular Meeting - 7 p.m.
Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will not be physically open to the public and all members will be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/s/83588268568 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID 835 8826 8568).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by leaving a message at 650-772-3614. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
1. Update on Agricultural Policy Development (R-22-105)
Staff Contact: Lewis Reed, Rangeland Ecologist, Natural Resources
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive a presentation from staff on feedback received from outreach and stakeholder engagement, and review and provide feedback on the preliminary framework for the developing Agricultural Policy.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
Introduction of Staff
• Ben Talavera, Management Analyst II
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the September 14, 2022 Board meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2022 Annual Year End Report (R-22-106)
Staff Contact: Ana María Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Informational item - no Board action required.
4. Cooley Landing Airboat Ramp Agreement (R-22-107)
Staff Contact: Brian Malone, Assistant General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into an agreement with the City of East Palo Alto and Menlo Park Fire Protection District for the use and maintenance of an emergency airboat ramp in Cooley Landing Park.
5. Grant Agreement with the State Coastal Conservancy through their Wildfire Resilience Program (R-22-108)
Staff Contact: Deborah Hirst, Grants Program Manager, Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a Resolution authorizing the General Manager to enter into a grant funding agreement with the State Coastal Conservancy for up to $1,080,000 in funds from their Wildfire Resilience Program.
6. Approval of an Adjustment to the Employer Contribution for Medical Insurance for Employees Represented by the Field Employees Association and the Unrepresented Office, Supervisory, and Management Employees (R-22-109)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving an adjustment to the employer contribution for medical insurance for employees represented by the Field Employees Association and the unrepresented Office, Supervisory, and Management employees that equals the 2022 Kaiser monthly premiums to become effective the first full pay period after Board adoption
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors.
7. Appointment of Three Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Members (R-22-110)
Staff Contact: Jennifer Woodworth, District Clerk/Assistant to the General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Select and appoint members to serve on the Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee for the three vacant positions from the candidates listed in the staff report.
• Preserve Use Survey Recommendations – Implementation Update
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. (GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957(B)(1) ) Title of Employee: Controller General Counsel General Manager
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS. (GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives: Board Appointee Evaluation Committee (Directors Kersteen-Tucker, Kishimoto, and Riffle)
Unrepresented Employees: Controller
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL-- ANTICIPATED LITIGATION (GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54956.9(d)(2)) (1 case)
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.