5:00 Special Meeting
A G E N D A
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54953, Subdivision (b), Director Kersteen-Tucker will participate from 776 Buena Vista St. Moss Beach, CA 94038. This Notice and Agenda will be posted at the teleconference location. Accessibility to and public comment from this address will be provided as required by Government Code Section 54953(b)(3).
Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Board meetings are held in person at the District’s Administrative Office, and by teleconference pursuant to Government Code Section 54953.
Members of the public can attend and participate in the meeting using the following methods:
- In-person at the Midpen Administrative Office – 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022.
- Viewing the meeting in real-time at https://openspace.zoom.us/j/88688467360 or listening to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID 886 8846 7360).
Members of the public may submit written comments to be provided to the Board, or register to make oral comments, as follows:
- Written comments may be submitted via the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
- Requests to provide oral comment must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by:
- Submitting a request through the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment for those attending via Zoom.
- Submitting a request via the paper-based public comment form at the meeting for those attending in-person.
- Any comments received after the deadline will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
1. Proposed Performance Measures, Service Design Concepts and Companion Measures for a Potential Shuttle Program and/or Ride Hail Program at Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve (R-23-98)
Staff Contact: Susanna Chan, Assistant General Manager, General Manager’s Office and Tyler Smith, Planner II, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
- Receive an overview of the data collection, background analyses, and public and stakeholder engagement that has been informing the development of a potential Shuttle Program and Ride Hail Program for Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve, some of which may be applicable at other preserves.
- Review and provide feedback on the following draft elements:
- Service Design Concepts
- Performance Measures
- Companion Measures
- Based on the information received and the Planning and Natural Resources Committee recommendation, direct the General Manager to complete the final 10% consultant scopes of work to finalize the Shuttle and Ride Hail Program Reports to inform potential future implementation at Rancho San Antonio Preserve or other more appropriate open space preserve(s). This work includes:
- Further developing the shuttle and ride hail programs options, focusing on opportunities that best leverage similar existing programs;
- Exploring the availability of grant programs to cover upfront program implementation costs and, if possible, on-going operating expenses; and
- Refining and selecting the recommended companion measure(s) that will be necessary to reach successful program outcomes.
- Prior to taking action on a proposed shuttle and/or ride hail program, return to the Board with information on the potential scope of work, timeline, cost, and indication of the type of findings that are expected for a visitor capacity study to confirm whether such a study would indeed be informative and desired prior to confirming subsequent program implementation steps.
- Direct the General Manager to return with final implementation recommendations for Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve and consideration of application of the program(s) at other appropriate Preserve sites.
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, California 94022.