Pursuant to Government Code Section 54953, Subdivision (b), Director Kersteen-Tucker will participate from 776 Buena Vista St. Moss Beach, CA 94038. This Notice and Agenda will be posted at the teleconference location. Accessibility to and public comment from this address will be provided as required by Government Code Section 54953(b)(3).
The Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District (Midpen) Board meetings are held in person at the District’s Administrative Office, and by teleconference pursuant to Government Code Section 54953.
PUBLIC ATTENDANCE OPTIONS
1. In person at the Midpen Administrative Office: the Board Room is open to the public during meetings of the Board of Directors.
2. Remotely via Zoom: Join the meeting conference by clicking this link: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/87454112987
3. By phone: dial (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 and enter the Meeting ID: 874 5411 2987
SUBMITTAL OF PUBLIC COMMENTS
Members of the public may submit written comments to be provided to the Board, or register to make oral comments, as follows:
- Written comments may be submitted via the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
- Requests to provide oral comment must be submitted prior to the time when public comment on the agenda item is closed as follows:
o In-person attendance: submit a request via the paper-based public comment form at the meeting.
o Remote attendance: submit a request through the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
- Any comments received after the deadline will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the January 10, 2024 and January 24, 2024 meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Revisions to Board Policy 3.03 - Public Contract Bidding, Vendor and Professional Consultant Selection, and Purchasing (R-24-16)
Staff Contacts: Sarah Araya, Procurement Program Manager, Administrative Services Department, and Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Program Manager, Public Affairs Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review and approve the proposed changes to Board Policy 3.03 - Public Contract Bidding, Vendor and Professional Consultant Selection, and Purchasing to increase the General Manager’s expenditure authority by 2% annually pursuant to California Public Resources Code section 5549 (b)(2), which was amended through State legislation (AB 2137).
4. Contract Amendments for Parametrix (formerly Parisi Transportation Consulting) and PGAdesign for Additional Services in Support of the Hawthorns Area Plan (R-24-17)
Staff Contacts: Ashley Mac, Planner III, Planning Department, and Tina Hugg, Senior Planner, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Authorize the General Manager to amend a contract with Parametrix (transportation consultant) by $25,125 as follows, for a total not-to-exceed new contract amount of $245,050:
a. Supplemental Work Allowance of $12,000 for additional traffic and transportation consulting services related to the parking area and driveway conceptual designs.
b. An additional contingency of $13,125 for future unforeseen tasks beyond the current scope of work.
2. Authorize the General Manager to amend a contract with PGAdesign (Public Access Working Group facilitator) by $19,155 as follows, for a total not-to-exceed new contract amount of $69,155:
a. An increase to the contract of $14,155 to cover additional time coordinating, preparing for, facilitating, and completing post-meeting support work for the remaining planned Public Access Working Group (PAWG) meetings.
b. A contingency of $5,000 for other unforeseen PAWG meetings and tasks beyond the scope of work.
5. Communications Lease with DISH Wireless LLC at the existing PG&E Tower in Pulgas Ridge Open Space Preserve (R-24-18)
Staff Contact: Susan Weidemann, Property Management Specialist II, Land & Facilities Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Determine that the recommended actions are categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) as set forth in this report.
2. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a Communications Site Lease with DISH Wireless LLC for an initial 10-year term with three 5-year optional extensions at a starting annual rent of $54,000 with a 3% annual increase thereafter.
Public comment on agenda items is received at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors.
6. Pulgas Ridge Open Space Preserve Public Access via Los Vientos Way (R-24-19)
Staff Contact: Brian Malone, Assistant General Manager, Office of the General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the creation of a new public access point of entry into Pulgas Ridge Open Space Preserve at the end of Los Vientos Way in the City of San Carlos and the associated Use and Management Plan Amendment that reflects this decision to allow neighborhood access to the Preserve for hiking and dogs-on-leash uses, as detailed in the staff report.
7. Ombudspersons Summary Report for Activities from January through December 2023 (R-24-20)
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, CFO/Director of Administrative Services/Acting Public Affairs Manager, Office of the General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Review and accept a report from Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Ombudspersons regarding ombudspersons inquiries received in 2023.
2. Extend the terms of all three ombudspersons through December 2024.
• Sandbar Solar Contract Cancellation
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. The Agenda is subject to a change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, California 94022.