Special Meeting at 5 p.m., Regular Meeting at 7 p.m.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/85635712128 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 856 3571 2128).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives: Ana Ruiz, General Manager, Brian Malone, Assistant General Manager, Jack Hughes, Liebert Cassidy Whitmore
Employee organization: Midpeninsula Rangers Peace Officers Association
2. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: Controller
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the August 11, 2021 and August 16, 2021 Board meeting minutes2.Claims Report3.Contract Amendment with AECOM for additional work associated with the Project Approval and Environmental Document Phase and Mitigated Credit Agreement for the Highway 17 Wildlife and Regional Trail Crossings and Trail Connections Project(R-21-113)
Staff Contact: Meredith Manning, Senior Planner, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to execute a contract amendment with AECOM in the amount of $641,700 for additional environmental and engineering consulting services related to the California Environmental Quality Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Caltrans Project Report, and a Mitigation Credit Agreement for the Highway 17 Wildlife and Regional Trail Crossings and Trail Connections Project, for a total base contract amount of $1,822,085.
2.Authorize a 10% contingency of $64,170 on the base contract amendment to be reserved for unforeseen conditions, bringing the total contingency to $182,500.
3.Authorize $213,830 in allowances for specific potential actions, if required, as described in the report, bringing the total project allowances to $495,115.
4. Award of Contract to CVE Demolition, Inc., for Demolition Work at the former Billingsley and Burton Properties in Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve (R-21-114)
Staff Contact: Paul Kvam, Capital Project Manager III, Engineering and Construction
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1.Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with CVE Demolition, Inc. of Fresno, CA for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $358,718.
2. Authorize a 10% construction contract contingency of $35,872 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, thus allowing the total contract amount to not exceed $394,590.
3.Adopt a Resolution approving the proposed amendments to the Fiscal Year 2021-22 (FY22) Capital Improvement and Action Plan and Budget.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
5. Approval of Redistricting Criteria (R-21-115)
Staff Contact: Jamie Hawk, GIS Program Administrator, Information Systems & Technology
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the proposed criteria to guide the redistricting process as set out in the staff report.
6. Design of Administrative Office Interpretive Elements (R-21-111)
Staff Contact: Leigh Ann Gessner, Public Affairs Specialist II
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve designs for the final two remaining time-sensitive public interpretive elements that will be fabricated and installed in the future Administrative Office located at 5050 El Camino Real in Los Altos: (1) interior topographic relief model; (2) interior interpretive wall exhibit.
7. Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding with Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Field Employees Association and Approval of Salary and Benefits Adjustments for the Office, Supervisory, and Management Employees (R-21-116)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Adopt a resolution approving the Memorandum of Understanding with the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Field Employees Association, for a term of July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2024.
2. Adopt a resolution approving corresponding salary and benefit adjustments for the Office, Supervisory, and Management employees through 2024.
8.Oral Update on Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District COVID-19 Response
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required.
•Water Quality Improvement Plan to Address Sediment Impairment in the San Gregorio Creek Watershed
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS –Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.