A G E N D A
MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT LEGISLATIVE, FINANCE, AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: CYR, HASSETT, KERSTEEN-TUCKER
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The Committee Chair will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on any item not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Committee, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
1. Select Committee Chair for Calendar Year 2020
2. Approve the October 8, 2019 Legislative, Funding, And Public Affairs Committee Meeting Minutes
3. Draft 2020 Legislative Program (R-20-14)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Review and provide input on the draft 2020 Legislative Program, outlining proposed 2020 legislative priorities and policies for Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District.
2. Forward a recommendation to the Board of Directors for approval with any additional changes to the Legislative Program requested by the committee.
3. Review and provide direction on the scope and nature of policy work as it applies to local and regional issues and initiatives.
4. Receive a summary of the 2019 legislative tracking matrix and summary statistics of priority legislation.