Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will not be physically open to the public and all members will be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/81583366206 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID 815 8336 6206).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the committee chair calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by leaving a message at 650-772-3614. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Committee after the meeting.
MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT LEGISLATIVE, FUNDING, AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: HASSETT, HOLMAN, SIEMENS
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
1. Approve the July 12, 2022 Legislative, Funding, And Public Affairs Committee Meeting Minutes
2. Proposed Parking Area Names (R-22-101)
Staff Contact: Arianna Nuri, Planner II, Planning Department and Gretchen Laustsen, Senior Planner, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Forward a recommendation to the full Board of Directors for their review and consideration of proposed names for the parking areas identified in this report.
3. Guiding Principles for the Design Enhancements of the Highway 17 Crossings (R-22-91)
Staff Contact: Jared Hart, Senior Planner, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review the recommended guiding principles for the design enhancements of the Highway 17 Crossings project, and forward the guiding principles, with any revisions by the Legislative, Funding and Public Affairs Committee, to the Board of Directors for their consideration.
TO ADDRESS THE COMMITTEE: Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Legislative, Funding, and Public Affairs Committee. Written public comments will be provided to the Committee prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. Comments that are less than 250 words and are submitted online or to the District Clerk at email@example.com will be read into the record. Please visit openspace.org/board-meetings to learn more.