Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will be conducted in a hybrid manner. Individuals can attend in-person or via Zoom. Some board members may be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. Members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
1. In-person at the Midpen Administrative Office – 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022.
2. Viewing the meeting in real-time at https://openspace.zoom.us/j/82311227689 or listening to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID 823 1122 7689).
Members of the public may submit written comments to be provided to the board or register to make oral comments as follows:
• Requests to provide oral comment must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
• Requests to provide oral comments may be made by:
o Leaving a message at 650-772-3614.
o Submitting a request through the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment for those attending via Zoom.
o Submitting a request via the paper-based public comment form at the meeting for those attending in-person.
• Written comments may be submitted via the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
• Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
• All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
• Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT LEGISLATIVE, FUNDING, AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: HASSETT, HOLMAN, SIEMENS
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
1. Approve the September 13, 2022 Legislative, Funding, And Public Affairs Committee Meeting Minutes
2. Draft 2023 Legislative Program (R-22-136)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Review and provide input on the Draft 2023 Legislative Program, outlining proposed legislative priorities and policies.
2. Forward a recommendation to the Board of Directors for approval of the 2023 Legislative Program that includes any changes as requested by the committee.
TO ADDRESS THE COMMITTEE: Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Legislative, Funding, and Public Affairs Committee. Written public comments will be provided to the Committee prior to the meeting. Please visit openspace.org/board-meetings to learn more.