Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act. This executive order will extend beyond the June 15 termination of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/86416903895 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 86416903895).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT PLANNING & NATURAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: HOLMAN, KERSTEEN-TUCKER, KISHIMOTO
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The Committee Chair will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on any item not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Committee, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
1. Approve minutes for the May 18, 2021 Planning and Natural Resources Committee meeting.
2. Stevens Creek Shoreline Nature Study Area and Shoreline Resilience Planning (R-21-83)
Staff Contact: Karine Tokatlian, Resource Management Specialist II, Natural Resource Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Consider three long-term management alternatives developed through the San Francisco Bay-wide restoration initiatives for the Stevens Creek Shoreline Nature Study Area.
2. Forward the preferred management alternative to the Board of Directors for their consideration.
TO ADDRESS THE COMMITTEE: Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Planning and Natural Resources Committee. Written public comments will be provided to the Committee prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. Comments that are less than 250 words and are submitted online or to the District Clerk at email@example.com will be read into the record. Please visit openspace.org/board-meetings to learn more.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection on the District’s website at http://www.openspace.org.