Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will not be physically open to the public and all members will be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/85846571996 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar 858 4657 1996).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by leaving a message at 650-772-3614. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT PLANNING AND NATURAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: KISHIMOTO, RIFFLE, SIEMENS
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
1. Approve the March 1, 2022 Planning and Natural Resources Committee Meeting Minutes
2. Electric Bicycle Policy Evaluation (R-22-31)
Staff Contact: Brad Pennington, Area Superintendent, Foothills
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review the evaluation results of various studies and surveys regarding electric bicycles (e-bikes) use on paved and unpaved trails in open space lands and consider forwarding the following recommendations to the full Board of Directors:
- Recommend approving Class 1 and 2 e-bike access on limited improved trails at Ravenswood and Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserves.
- Based on studies and findings to date, recommend one or more of the following:
- Approve Class 1 e-bikes access on all District trails where bicycles are allowed.
- Affirm the prohibition of e-bikes on District trails except for specifically designated trails in recommendation 1.
- Direct staff to continue the E-bike Study for an additional year.
- Direct staff to implement an Unpaved E-Bike Pilot Program on select District Preserves to evaluate effects on District lands.
TO ADDRESS THE COMMITTEE: Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Legislative, Funding, and Public Affairs Committee. Written public comments will be provided to the Committee prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. Comments that are less than 250 words and are submitted online or to the District Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org will be read into the record. Please visit openspace.org/board-meetings to learn more.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection on the District’s website at http://www.openspace.org.