Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Committee meetings are held in person at the District’s Administrative Office, and by teleconference pursuant to Government Code Section 54953(e). Members of the public can attend and participate in the meeting using the following methods:
1. In-person at the Midpen Administrative Office – 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022.
2. Viewing the meeting in real-time at https://openspace.zoom.us/j/84728200075 or listening to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 ((Meeting ID 833 7051 0357).
Members of the public may submit written comments to be provided to the Committee, or register to make oral comments as follows:
• Written comments may be submitted via the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
• Requests to provide oral comment must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by:
o Submitting a request through the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment for those attending via Zoom.
o Submitting a request via the paper-based public comment form at the meeting for those attending in-person.
• Any comments received after the deadline will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT PLANNING AND NATURAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: CYR, GLEASON, HOLMAN
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
1. Approve the April 4, 2023 Planning and Natural Resources Committee Meeting Minutes
2. Background Information, Proposed Performance Measures and Service Design Concepts, and First Go-No Go Consideration for a Potential Shuttle Program and/or Ride Hail Program at Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve (R-23-86)
Staff Contact: Susanna Chan, Assistant General Manager, General Manager’s Office, Tyler Smith, Planner II, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Receive an overview of the data collection, background analyses, and public and stakeholder engagement that has been informing the development of a potential Shuttle Program and Ride Hail Program for Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve.
2. Review and confirm the proposed shuttle and ride hail program design parameters, which align with the Board-approved prioritization criteria for the Transportation Demand Management Strategies, as well as other Board Policies.
3. Review and provide feedback on the following draft elements:
a. Service Design Concepts
b. Performance Measures
c. Companion Measures
4. Based on information received and Committee discussion, select one of the following recommendations to forward on to the full Board of Directors for consideration:
a. Discontinue further development of the shuttle and/or ride hail programs.
b. Direct the General Manager to continue expending funds from the contract and allocating staff resources to pursue next steps, including:
i. Further developing the shuttle and ride hail programs options, focusing on opportunities that best leverage similar existing programs;
ii. Exploring the availability of grant programs to cover upfront program implementation costs and, if possible, on-going operating expenses; and
iii. Refining and selecting the recommended companion measure(s) that will be necessary to reach successful program outcomes.
If Option 4b is selected, staff would return to the Committee and Board at a later date with more information and with another opportunity to confirm a Go-No Go decision.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Committee members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection on the District’s website at http://www.openspace.org.