A G E N D A
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the Minutes for the June 22, 2016 Board meeting
2. Approve Claims Report
3. Authorization to Purchase Capital Equipment for a Total Cost Not to Exceed $1,088,700 (R-16-85)
Staff Contact: Michael Jurich, Management Analyst II, Support Services
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to execute a purchase contract with the State Department of General Services and associated contract dealers for five patrol vehicles, two administrative vehicles, and five maintenance vehicles, for a total cost not to exceed $798,700.
2. Authorize the General Manager to execute a purchase contract with the State Department of General Services and associated contract dealers for one replacement and one additional tractor for a total cost not to exceed $290,000.
4. Award of Contracts to Three Firms for Printing and Mailing Services (R-16-86)
Staff Contact: Peggy Koenig, Public Affairs Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into contracts for printing and mailing services with Dakota Press, ImageX, and Patsons Press for amounts not-to-exceed $100,000 (each) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2016-17 with the option to extend contracts to FY2017-18, and FY2018-19 subject to further Board approval.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
5. Presentation of New GeoPDF Trail Maps (R-16-87)
Staff Contact: Peggy Gibbons, Public Affairs Specialist and Casey Hiatt, GIS Administrator
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive an informational report by Public Affairs Specialist Peggy Gibbons and GIS Administrator Casey Hiatt on the District’s rollout of the GeoPDF trail maps for mobile devices.
• Highway 17 Wildlife Passage and Bay Area Ridge Trail Crossing Project Update
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for factual information; request staff to report back to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports