7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
• Introduction of staff
-Melissa Merrimann, Human Resources Technician
-Doreen Agbayani, Administrative Assistant
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve October 25, 2017 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Approval of Response to San Mateo County Civil Grand Jury Report dated June 19, 2017 Regarding Website Transparency (R-17-119)
Staff Contact: Jennifer Woodworth, District Clerk/Assistant to the General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve and authorize the President of the Board of Directors to execute the proposed response to the San Mateo County Civil Grand Jury Report of June 19, 2017 regarding special district website transparency.
4. Award of contract for software and professional services for implementation of a work order and asset management system (R-17-120)
Staff Contact: Garrett Dunwoody, IST Manager, Information Systems and Technology Department General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Timmons Group Inc., to provide implementation services for a work order and asset management system, for a base contract amount of $132,480.
2. Authorize a 3% contingency of $4,520, to be expended only if necessary to cover unforeseen conditions, for a combined not-to-exceed contract amount of $137,000.
3. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a three year Cityworks software license agreement with Azteca Systems, LLC for $35,000 in year one and $45,000 per year for years two and three to provide an enterprise level work order and asset management software solution.
5. Fiscal Year 2017-18 Quarter 1 District Budget Amendments (R-17-121)
Staff Contact: Elissa Martinez, Management Analyst I and Marion Shaw, Management Analyst II General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the proposed FY2017-18 Quarter 1 District Budget amendments.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
6. Resolutions Authorizing the Issuance of the 2018 Series A Refunding Bonds, 2018 Series B Parity Bonds, 2018 Series General Obligation Bonds, and Approving Related Documents and Associated Actions (R-17-122)
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt Resolutions authorizing issuance of not to exceed $30 million in 2018 Series A Refunding Bonds (Green Bonds), not to exceed $20 million in 2018 Series B Parity Bonds, and not to exceed $60 million in 2018 Series General Obligation Bonds (Green Bonds), and approving the related documents, such as supplemental indentures and escrow agreements.
7. Board Compensation Policy Amendment (R-17-123)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Approve an amendment to Board Policy 6.06 – Meeting Compensation, Reimbursement of Authorized Necessary Expenses for Performance of Official Duties, and Adoption of Ethics Training Requirements Pursuant to Government Code Section 53232 et seq. (AB1234) – to expand the definition of “meetings of the Board of Directors”.
2. Delete Board Policy 6.03 – Compensation of Directors and Payment of Expenses – which contains duplicative verbiage as in Board Policy 6.06.
3. Direct staff to track the number of meetings of the Board of Directors and member attendance over the next 12 months and explore the need for additional actions, up to and including legislative solutions.
• Diversity Outreach Ad Hoc Committee Accomplishments
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
Committee Reports Staff Reports Director Reports